Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Snow!

I thought I'd write a quick blog about my life recently. Nothing too exciting, mind you, except for some very cold white stuff we don't see in Florida much. Here I am enjoying the first snow of the season! Exciting! Yes, that little pick rectangle is my face, I promise.



I've been really busy lately (although I had a really nice break over Thanksgiving at Grandma and Grandpa's in Peoria). I'm a project lead for Wash U's Engineers without Borders newest international project in Haiti. I've been getting a lot of valuable experience with that. Right now, we're working on applying for funding, learning more about the machines that we'll be making a maintenance schedule for, and recruiting a professional engineer to come with us to Haiti (EWB national requirement). If any of you know any PE's that might be interested in coming with us (they don't have to live close to St. Louis--we can telecommunicate beforehand if we have to) or know any good resources for learning about diesel generators and powering a building with generators, could you let me know?

In addition, I'm helping plan a fair trade chocolate fondue and banana split party on Dec 10 to raise awareness about fair trade and human trafficking. Things are going well so far. It's really amazing to see it progress--we'll see everything come together soon!

I'm coming home on Dec 22. Mom and Thomas are flying up on my last day of exams, the 16th, and we'll drive up to Pittsfield to visit Grandma and Aunt Becky and Uncle Mark until we head back on the 22nd. Then I'll be in beautiful, warm Florida! And I'll be warm. Did I mention that it will be warm there? Ahhh, warmth..

1 comment:

Ruthie said...

Glad you are surviving the snow - don't eat the yellow snow!
I teach gamelan to first and fifth grades. It cool after you get used to it.
E-mail Chris about the engineers without borders, etc. He's really interested in that kind of stuff.
Keep up the reporting!