If you didn't know already, I am a bit spacey and although I promised everyone I left at home that I would call, e-mail, and write, it is highly probable that I will forget >.< So this blog will hopefully save me (and you) from the results of my forgetful nature by letting me keep you in the loop!
So here goes. I arrived at ECHO (Educational Concerns for Hunger Organization) last night. I'm staying with a couple that works there and lets visitors stay there (me=visitor). I plan to stay here for about a month and a half before I head off to the New Wilmington Mission Conference in Pennsylvania.
I guess now is a good time to give an explanation of what exactly ECHO is. The only problem is--I don't really know exactly. It's an organization that seeks to alleviate world hunger by sending seeds, seedlings, and agricultural knowledge overseas through missionaries. It is based in Ft. Myers, FL (about an hour south of Tampa) where they have experimental farms, a nursery, offices, and housing for the people that work here. If you're interested in them, check them out at www.ECHOnet.org. What will I be doing here? I am not sure of that, either, but I'm pretty sure it's going to involve sweating a whole bunch. But it should be a good experience.
Hopefully this will not be my first and last post because I've forgotten about it. If I don't post after a while, just give me a poke or an e-mail or something. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment